Re: SG-W:/ farmland preservation in Macomb County

There's an interesting article by Frances Moore Lappe and her daughter
in the Spring 2002 issue of World Ark (put out by Heifer International)
that deals in large part with the linking of farms and their larger
communities. It gets into the concept of "solving for pattern", which is
the kind of approach I've always hoped the AA Environmental Commission
would adopt.

As for starting points, I think it would be great to get a copy of the
28-point program from Macomb first. Can you do that, Mike?

I'm interested in exploring this further and would gladly attend a
meeting to brainstorm and discuss possibilities.

Steve