Re: SG-W:/ farmland preservation in Macomb County

While it's nice to see Macomb County lay out a plan for preserving
farmland, what that will actually achieve is another question. As modest
as the gains may seem in Washtenaw County, at least some land has been
locked up for farmland preservation. I'm not aware of any land that has
been similarly protected in Macomb County. Plus, where Washtenaw County
residents seem to place some value on the importance of preserving green
spaces, I've rarely heard that expressed in Macomb County. I do think
there are people in Macomb who are fighting hard to preserve farms. But of
anywhere in SE Michigan, Macomb County still seems to be stuck in the
"growth is good" mentality. It's expressed in the attitudes of local and
county officials and unfortunately, far too many residents.

Andrew Mutch
Novi