SG-W:/ "Wild Utah: America's Redrock Wilderness" -- Tuesday, Oct. 15

Friends,

This Tuesday, the Sierra Club's Huron Valley Group invites you on a breathtaking photographic journey through the famous redrock country of Southern Utah.  "Wild Utah: America's Redrock Wilderness" is a multi-media slideshow about the efforts to protect public lands in southern Utah's spectacular canyon country.  This journey through redrock splendor includes a special reading by Pulitzer Prize winning author Wallace Stegner from his famous Wilderness Letter.

This inspirational and informational event is a must-see for anyone interested in these magnificent public lands.  The meeting begins at 7:30 pm at the Matthaei Botanical
Gardens and is followed by our social hour, during which you can meet others who share your interests in exploring, enjoying, and protecting nature.  If you want to help stop sprawl (at no cost to you) while buying groceries, books, CDs, and other merchandise at the stores where you already shop, we'll have EarthCash shopping vouchers available for sale by cash or check.  We'll also have Sierra Club 2003 calendars for sale.

Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group General Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month at the beautiful Matthaei Botanical Gardens, located at 1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth Roads, east of US-23), beginning at 7:30 pm.  Meetings are free and open to the public.  Newcomers are welcome; no membership is required.

We hope you can join us Tuesday's meeting.  Please feel free to forward this message to others who might be interested.

Mike Sklar
Co-chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group
Events information: (734) 480-7751 *or* www.mirror.org/groups/mi-enviro