SG-W:/ Proposal 2

Friends,

The Michigan Environmental Council has endorsed Proposal 2, a question on November’s ballot that could raise nearly $1 billion for the clean water state revolving fund used to address outdated sewer systems.  The money is desperately needed to combat aging systems that are polluting our beaches and waterways.  MEC worked hard to minimize the impact that this proposal could have on urban sprawl by prioritizing maintenance on existing sewers, rather than funding extensions to new areas.  Like all negotiations, this one resulted in some compromises, but we believe the proposal is strong and will begin to directly address the critical pollution problems that often make front page news.  For more information, please visit www.michigancleanwater.com.

If you would like to show your support in the community, you can grab yard signs and brochures at my home in Ann Arbor.  Just drop me an email and I’ll leave something on the porch for you.

Thanks,

Conan

Conan Smith

Land Programs Director