SG-W:/ Monroe County Program

Just a little south of Washtenaw County, but perhaps of interest to some.
- - - - - - - - - -

MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN LAND CONSERVANCY ANNUAL PROGRAM
    Hosted by Monroe County Land Conservancy, local division of SMLC

WHEN:  Saturday, November 9, 2002, 1:30 p.m.

WHERE:  Christ Lutheran Church, 225 E. Elm Ave., Monroe, MI 48162

Learn about some of the rare geologic and natural features found in Monroe
County.  Refreshments will be served.  The program is free and open to the
public.

Program:
    KARST FEATURES OF MONROE AND LENAWEE COUNTIES
        PowerPoint presentation by Ned M. Birkey
        Extension Agricultural and Natural Resources Agent
        MSU Monroe County Extension Office

    OAK OPENINGS AND LAKEPLAIN PRAIRIES OF MONROE COUNTY
        Slide presentation by Pat Schoen
        Chair, Monroe County Land Conservancy

DIRECTIONS:  Take I-75 South to exit number 15 (M-50/Dixie Hwy.) towards
downtown Monroe.  Turn right onto N. Dixie Hwy.  After 1.5 miles, turn right
onto E. Elm Ave.  Go 3/4 mile and the church will be on your right.  Use
www.mapquest.com for a map or other directions.  There is parking across the
street and handicapped parking behind the church.

We hope that you will be able to attend!

Jack Smiley
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy
www.landconservancy.com