Re: SG-W:/ anti-rezoning strategies needed

I was just going to write that I thought Jack had more clearly and
concisely captured some of the points I was trying to make! Thanks for the
kind words.

I wholeheartedly agree with Jack that Townships need to:

1) Identify affordable opportunities in the area. Townships in the Ann
Arbor area should have no problem identifying large numbers of
"affordable" housing developments that are meeting the needs of low-income
residents. This should not be limited to MHPs and subsidized housing but
also areas where housing costs are not of the reach of low-income
residents. I realize that in some areas, this is a difficult task!

2) Be pro-active in developing affordable housing opportunities within
their borders. It's not just the job of cities like Ann Arbor and
Ypsilanti or smaller cities and villages like Chelsea and Saline to
provide locations for affordable housing whether that be subsidized or
something like a MHP. That doesn't mean that every Township should be
providing locations for 800 home MHPs. Instead, Townships should be
working with surrounding communities and progressive developers to find
appropriate locations for affordable housing developments. It's much
better to control your own destiny than have that dictated by a judge!

Andrew Mutch
Novi