Re: SG-W:/ farmland protection in Kent County

Barry,

Are you thinking of the SEMCOG study?

Fiscal Impacts of Alternative Land Development Patterns in Michigan: The
Costs of Current Development Versus Compact Growth (Final Report) - Jun
1997

The MSU spin-off of that is here:

http://www.msue.msu.edu/luf/onetown/

I've never actually seen that before or used the models so that might be
an interesting exercise.

In the interest of counter-points, here's some critique from our friends
at the Mackinac Center:

http://www.mackinac.org/738

[full report: http://www.mackinac.org/archives/1998/s1998-06.pdf]

and the Home Builders Association:

http://www.canr.msu.edu/cm/herc/h5over.html

I couldn't find the SEMCOG report online but you can order it from SEMCOG.

Andrew Mutch
Novi