SG-W:/ "Ask Doctor Telemark: How you can get the most out of your cross-countryskiing" - Jan. 21 at Matthei

Friends,

The Doctor is in!  Doctor Telemark, that is, ready to help maximize your cross-country experience this winter.  Please join us at the Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group's free public meeting this Tuesday, January 21.  Cross-country skiing expert Norm Roller will provide a brief tutorial on how to improve your skiing techniques, show us some examples of currently-available ski gear, and share a video presentation of world class skiers in Canada's Gatinaeu National Park.

The meeting begins at 7:30 pm at the Matthaei Botanical Gardens and is followed by our social hour, during which you can meet others who share your interests in exploring, enjoying, and protecting nature.  If you want to help stop sprawl (at no cost to you) while buying groceries, books, CDs, and other merchandise at the stores where you already shop, we'll have EarthCash shopping vouchers available for purchase by cash or check.

Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group General Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month at the beautiful Matthaei Botanical Gardens, located at 1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth Roads, east of US-23), beginning at 7:30 pm.  Meetings are free and open to the public.  Newcomers are welcome; no membership is required.

We hope you can join us at Tuesday's meeting.  Please feel free to forward this message to others who might be interested.

Mike Sklar
Co-chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group
Events information: (734) 480-7751 *or* www.mirror.org/groups/mi-enviro