SG-W:/ FULL MOON CAMPFIRE

The Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy will host our first campfire of the
year at LeFurge Woods this coming Saturday, May 17, beginning at 8:00 p.m.
Bring lawn chairs and campfire refreshments and plan to spend an enjoyable
evening amongst friends...while listening to the sounds of frogs and toads in
the wetland.  A group of Rouge River Frog and Toad Survey volunteers plan to
attend and they should be able to help you identify the various species which
may be calling.  (Eight species have been identified on site.)

For a map and directions, go to www.mapquest.com and use the address 2384 N.
Prospect, Ypsilanti, MI  48198.  The wetland entrance to LeFurge Woods is on
the east side of Prospect Road, 3/4 mile north of Geddes (2 1/4 miles south
of Ford Road).

NOTICE:  Due to the wet ground conditions, parking will only be available at
the wetland entrance and gear will have to be carried several hundred feet to
the campfire site.  The trails are very wet so boots are recommended.
Firewood would be appreciated, but that, too, will have to be carried in.

Hope to see you there!

Jack Smiley
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy
www.landconservancy.com

P.S.  The LeFurge Woods Nature Preserve in Superior Township is the
Conservancy's largest nature preserve.  Since 1993, we have made four
purchases totaling 261 acres.  In the very near future, we intend to acquire
another 64 acres--which will give us a total of 325 acres, which is over 1/2
square mile!  We invite you to explore and enjoy this remarkable preserve.