SG-W:/ Event invitation: Friday, June 13

Friends,

I'm writing to invite you to a very special event that I've helped organize.  On Friday, June 13, John Podesta will speak at Temple Beth El as the 2003 Milton M. Alexander Memorial Lecture.  His speech is titled "If Not Now, When?  Energy, the Environment and Ethics in the 21st Century."

Mr. Podesta served in the Clinton Administration for six years, the final two as Chief of Staff.  He played a central role in addressing economic, national security, and environmental issues at the highest levels of our government.  He is currently a Senior Fellow at the Natural Resources Defense Council, a visiting professor at Georgetown University, and a member of the Board of Directors for the League of Conservation Voters.

In his speech, Mr. Podesta will explore the security and environmental implications of our energy policy.  In addition to bringing the unique perspective of someone who was the second most powerful person in the country and a Principal of the National Security Council, his speech will explore the ethical dimensions of these important and interconnected issues.

I hope you will join us for this event.  It takes place at 7:30 pm on Friday, June 13 at Temple Beth El (located on the northwest corner of Telegraph Road and 14 Mile in Bloomfield Hills).  It begins with a brief Shabbat service and concludes with a dessert reception.  This event is free and open to the public, regardless of religious affiliation.

Please feel free to bring a friend or two along with you.  If you would like additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Please feel free to forward this message to others who might be interested in this event.

The 2003 Milton M. Alexander Memorial Lecture is co-sponsored by Temple Beth El through the Milton M. Alexander Memorial Lecture Fund and by the Michigan Coalition on the Environment and Jewish Life (MI-COEJL) through a grant from the Max M. Fisher Jewish Community Foundation.