SG-W:/ Save the land - listen to Mr. B's piano while your kids ride thepony

Here's your invitation to the event of the summer.  Fine music in a
fabulous setting, fun for the kids, and the proceeds will help preserve
the natural areas and open space that give our community its character.

Doug Cowherd           Co-chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group

Please join us for a Mid-Summer Night's Eve Garden Party
        - A Benefit for Northfield Neighbors -

Featuring the blues-n-boogie piano tunes of Mr. B, hors d'oevre for
dinner, live and silent auctions, and pony rides for the kids.

Celebrate the summer solstice Saturday, June 21st, from 6:30p.m. to 10
p.m. at the beautiful Gardens of Saguaro Nursery, just five miles north of
Ann Arbor at 470 W. Five Mile Rd. (west of Whitmore Lake Rd. and north of
N. Territorial Rd).

- Schedule of Events -
6:30 pm   	Garden tours
         	Heavy hors d'oeuvres and wine served
        	Silent auction begins
   	        Pony rides for kids in the Kid's Corral
7:30 pm   	Live Auction
8:00 pm   	Ann Arbor Mayor John Hieftje discusses land use issues
8:15 pm   	Boogie-n-blues piano tunes of Mr. B

 - Children's Play Space -
Please reserve space in the Kid's Corral by June 13th.  We will have adult
supervision for toddlers and older kids; however, parents remain
responsible for their children.

- Ticket Information -
Please reserve your tickets by mailing the form below. Questions? Email
northfieldneighborsmi@yahoo.com, or phone (734) 476-7958.

Proceeds benefit Northfield Neighbors, a non-profit grassroots
organization committed to preserving the natural features, open space and
quality-of-life in Northfield Township by supporting thoughtful land-use
planning.

TICKET RESERVATION FORM  - Mid-Summer Night's Eve Garden Party

Name(s)     ____________________________________________________
Address     ____________________________________________________
City/ST/Zip ____________________________________________________
Email _________________________________   Phone _______________________
    *We will mail you directions to the party; we will not release your
     information to other organizations.*

Tickets & Donations:
____ $25 Individual
____ $40 Family
____ $50 Friend
____ $100 Benefactor

____ Yes, I/we will attend.
     ____ Number of adults  __________________ Number & ages of children
____ No, I/we won't be able to attend, but my donation is enclosed.

Please mail this form and your check payable to "Northfield Neighbors" to:
Northfield Neighbors
c/o 5558 Hellner Rd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48105

Note: Contributions to Northfield Neighbors are not tax-deductible.  They
support our citizen-based advocacy.

Who are the Northfield Neighbors?

Northfield Neighbors is a non-profit, grassroots organization committed to
preserving the natural features, open space, and quality-of-life in
Northfield Township by implementing thoughtful land-use planning.

The group was formed last fall when Farmington Hills developer Grand Sakwa
announced a preliminary plan to transform more than 2,000 acres of
farmland and open space into thousands of residences. Our intent is to
help educate local residents about land use issues, and work with township
officials to shape a sustainable community.

Development has regional implications, so this isn't just a local issue.
Consequently, people from both the Township and surrounding areas have
volunteered to be part of Northfield Neighbors.  Though our mission brings
us together, rewarding relationships and fun fuel us.

You can get involved in many roles.  For example, committees for projects
and special events, phone calls/canvassing door-to-door, donating
professional expertise (e.g., accounting, law, land use planning), or
experience with similar efforts to preserve land.  To learn more about how
you can help, or to join our email update list, please contact us by ...

Email: northfieldneighborsmi@yahoo.com
Phone: (734) 476-7958

Please visit our website at www.northfieldneighbors.org.