SG-W:/ Tuesday, July 15: "Three Tours of the Matthaei Botanical Gardens: Forest, Stream, and Greenhouse" (fwd)

Friends,

The Sierra Club's Huron Valley Group invites you to take a guided tour of the wonderful Matthei Botanical Gardens.  This year we're offering three very different tours, each guided by an expert.  One tour will focus on trees and forests; the second will
focus on the Botanical Gardens' stream ecosystems, and the third will focus on the Botanical Gardens' fabulous greenhouse.  All three tours offer the chance to enjoy a midsummer evening stroll in a beautiful setting and learn about the wonders of the natural world.

We'll convene inside the Botanical Gardens building at 7:30 pm on Tuesday, July 15 for the tours.  You're also invited to join us for a potluck supper beginning at 6:30 pm; to participate, please bring a dish to share, eating utensils, and a cup.  Please feel free to participate in the tours, the potluck, or both events based on your interests.

The Botanical Gardens tour will be followed by our social hour, which features light refreshments and gives you a chance to meet others who share your interests in exploring, enjoying, and protecting nature.  You can also learn about Sierra Club activities including hikes, service projects, and a variety of conservation campaigns.  If you want to help
stop sprawl (at no cost to you!) while buying groceries, books, CDs, and other merchandise at the stores where you already shop, we'll have EarthCash shopping vouchers available for sale by cash or check.

The Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group offers a monthly public event on the third Tuesday of each month at the beautiful Matthei Botanical Gardens, located at 1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth Roads, east of US-23), beginning at 7:30 pm.  These events are free and open to the public. Newcomers are welcome; no membership is required.

Please feel free to forward this message to others who might be interested.  I hope to see you at Tuesday's event!

Michael Sklar
Co-Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group

HVG Events information: (734) 480-7751 *or* www.mirror.org/groups/mi-enviro