Re: SG-W:/ Unveiling the Ann Arbor Area Parks and Greenbelt ballotproposal

A thought:
One thing I seldom see discussed is how compatible the desires
to attract lots of new employees (i.e., population growth) and to preserve
green space, really are.  If everything is framed in terms of Ann Arbor's
economic and population growth (I'm referring to the Mayor's words here)
rather than a more comprehensive ecological context in which all species
have equal value-- Is it really going to be possible to preserve that much
space?  If population growth is going to be valued, then attention will
have to be paid strongly to making a town center so healthy, appealing and
AFFORDABLE that it attracts a growth in density there, rather than sprawl
at the periphery & beyond.

Irena