SG-W:/ Parks & Greenbelt election campaign kick-off rally

Friends,

The out-of-town sprawl developers say they'll spend $400,000 in a slick ad
campaign to defeat the Ann Arbor Parks & Greenbelt Proposal.  Care to
speculate about how truthful their ads will be?

We'll beat them because people like us will volunteer our time to help
spread the true story of how this Proposal will continue our tradition of
acquiring parks to balance development, and expand on this by allowing Ann
Arbor to partner with neighboring townships to preserve open space through
conservation easements.

Please join us between 11 am and noon on Sunday September 21 at the
Wheeler Park pavilion for the Parks & Greenbelt campaign kick-off rally.
You may enjoy:

- a quick overview of the Parks & Greenbelt ballot proposal
- the finest cider and doughnuts
- picking up your yard sign and campaign literature
- learning about campaign plans and volunteer opportunities
- meeting other campaign volunteers

Everyone's welcome at the rally.  You don't have to live in Ann Arbor to
help pass the ballot proposal that will save farms and open space in our
area forever.  Invite your friends - help spread the word.  Please stop in
any time between 11am and noon this Sunday. Families are welcome; the
rally is in a nice little playground.

Wheeler Park is on Depot Street in Ann Arbor, east of North Main between
4th and 5th Avenues and just west of the train station and Casey's.

See you Sunday!

Doug Cowherd
Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group
Co-director, Friends of Ann Arbor Open Space

Got questions?  Want to volunteer?  Contact Friends of Ann Arbor Open
Space Campaign Manager Barb Fuller at a2openspace@provide.net or
734-213-2174.

Late breaking news:  the Sunday rally will also feature a special guest
appearance by the organizers of the campaign to pass Ann Arbor Township's
Land Preservation ballot proposal that will protect farms through
purchasing development rights.