Re: SG-W:/ Proposal B

Thanks Dan,  I can't agree with you more.    Great planning begins with preservation.  Until we commit to preservation of open space, we cannot get the great community we all want.  As citizen activists we will help the Mayor and his committee with additional proposals for transportation, affordable housing and regional planning.   As an architect and a planning official, I know the rate of development which is quickly limiting our resources for connective open space and agriculture.    I also know that in a democracy, it is important to preserve property rights  while maintaining community values.  It is not enough to regulate development through zoning regulations, individuals must have a mechanism, either through tax incentives or programs such as the purchase of development rights to be able to choose alternatives.  This proposal is an opportunity to choose sustainable planning and it is only one of the many next steps towards sustainability.

Celeste Novak AIA