Re: SG-W:/ Proposal B: A Time To Act

Mike, please.  Please don't say this is the last chance for urban
density or mass transportation.  I support the measure, and I believe
that it is important for preserving land, but it will itself do
*nothing* for the other issues you mention.  Those other things are
possible, but not definite, outcomes of this proposal, and it will
require a lot more work to make them happen.

Claiming that Proposal B will itself affect density, transit
feasibility, housing affordability, or anything else will only weaken
our position in the future when we want to do the work to *really* make
those things happen.  We need to be honest with ourselves and with the
people around us; treating this as the ultimate solution is exactly
what we shouldn't be doing.

%% Murph <murph@commonmonkeyflower.net>
%% http://www.commonmonkeyflower.net/cms/

==============================================================smartgrowth-washtenaw:  Internet List and Forum for issues relating to