SG-W:/ "Great Nature Trips From Around the World" - Tuesday, 12/16 at Matthei Botanical Gardens

Friends,

Please join us at the Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group's free public meeting this Tuesday, 12/16.  Titled "Great Nature Trips >From Around the World," the program will feature a slide show of the best outdoor adventures our members and guests have experienced in recent years.  Attendees are welcome to bring up to 10 nature-themed slides to share with the crowd.  If you want to use Powerpoint instead of our slide projector, send your 10 slides to Annie Hannan at lhannan@emich.edu no later than Monday, Dec. 15 (or burn them onto a CD that you can bring to the meeting).  Otherwise just show up by 7:30 with slides in hand.

The regular meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. at the Matthei Botanical Gardens east of Ann  Arbor, located at 1800 N. Dixboro Road between Plymouth and Geddes.  The slide show is preceded by a potluck dinner starting at 6:30 pm (arrive whenever you like).  All are invited, Sierra Club members and non-members alike; children are welcome.  Please bring a dish you'd care to share, and your own plate, cup, and utensils.

You're also welcome to take part in our social hour immediately following the slide show.  Both the potluck and the social hour are terrific places to meet people who share your interest in exploring, enjoying, and protecting nature.  The meeting is also a great place to learn about local Sierra Club activities ranging from upcoming ski trips and service
projects to current conservation campaigns and the local HVG Book Club.

Sierra Club calendars and note cards, and EarthCash shopping vouchers for Borders and other stores, will be available for purchase; they make fine holiday gifts, so don't forget to bring your checkbook if you need to do some last-minute holiday shopping -- and who doesn't?

I hope to see you at Tuesday's meeting.  And please feel free to forward this message to others who might be interested.

Mike Sklar
Co-Chair, Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group

Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group Monthly Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month at the beautiful Matthei Botanical Gardens, located at 1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth Roads, east of US-23), beginning at 7:30 pm.  Meetings are free and open to the public. Newcomers are welcome; no membership is required.

Events information: (734) 480-7751 *or* www.michigan.sierraclub.org/huron/