SG-W:/ Fw: [energyresources] ENERGY SPIKES COULD SURPRISE INVESTORS

To Smartgrowth,

          The message below mine is  from an independent investment expert
and is worth reading as general interest. even for the financial  advice. He
summarizes well what I have heard from many sources. If you read his message
then you will understand the importance of mine.
                   My message
      Gas and oil shortgages will start soon  and will be totally
catastrophic within 30 years,  especially to the poor, elderly,  and to all
children. My health care has cost the government a bundle. They are not
going to be able to afford you. I am trying to make you understand that we
must start to reduce our complete dependence on cars and houses. Research on
thrifty living and alternate energy is our highest  moral obligation because
of our children.
      The best way to make a difference locally is with an energy saving and
producing apartment house project that I call an Ecomindium. This is the
only way people can live in comfort on 20% of present energy consumption. We
could easily have a comfortable society for another 200 years.
       Local environmentalists please support this project. Help me get this
idea into the University faculty because it is also important to
universities. With help it would be easy. The experimentation would of
course take place over several years. It would be a bonanza both in
supporting student projects and learning. It would also tend to bring
mechanically inventive people  into environmentalism. I am too old and sick,
have no verbal support,  and have insufficient funds to do this alone. I
believe that financing would be easy because Ecomindiums are a safer
investment than gold or silver.
       High on steroids in Ann Arbor, but more productive than with last
week's fevers,
                            Kermit Schlansker   PE