SG-W:/ WINTER WALKABOUT - Feb. 15

Tired of being cooped up this winter?  Then come on out to our Winter
Walkabout and enjoy what seasonal wonders nature has to offer!

    WHEN:   Sunday, February 15, 1:15 p.m.

    WHERE:  Superior Township Hall, Washtenaw County
            at the corner of Cherry Hill Road and Prospect Road
            3040 N. Prospect Road, Ypsilanti 48198
            (use www.mapquest.com for a map and directions)

We will gather at 1:15 p.m. at the Superior Township Hall for socializing and
refreshments.  (Bring a treat to share if you wish, but not required.)  At
2:00 p.m., we will leave the Township Hall and head down to LeFurge Woods for
our winter walk.

We plan to walk on the very property which was once owned by Isaac LeFurge
(from whom the woods gets its name) and has long been owned by the Meyer family.
 This is the same location where we held our walk last winter, but this year
there is one big difference:  we now own the woods!

Bring family and friends.  Children are most welcome.  This event is free and
open to the public--membership is not required.  The snow may still be deep
in the woods, so make sure to wear boots and to dress appropriately for the
weather.  Hope to see you Sunday!

Jack Smiley
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy
www.landconservancy.com