SG-W:/ This Land is Your Land - Or is it? Tuesday, June 15

WHAT:  Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group June Meeting

COST:  Free and open to the public; newcomers welcome

TOPIC:  "This Land is Your Land - Or is it?  What 500,000 acres of Mineral
               Rights Can Do to the U.P."

WHO: Cynthia Pryor
            Executive Director, Yellow Dog Watershed Preserve

WHEN:  Tuesday - June 15

See what huge poorly-regulated mining projects threaten to do to the
streams, lakes, and forests of the Upper Peninsula, and learn what we can
do to stop it.

The event begins at 7:30 pm at the Matthei Botanical Gardens.  Meet others
who share your interests in enjoying, and protecting nature.
Refreshments will be available.  We'll also have EarthCash shopping
vouchers available for sale by cash or check. These vouchers let you
contribute to local anti-sprawl campaigns while buying groceries, books,
CDs, and other merchandise at the stores where you already shop.

The Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group offers a public program on the third
Tuesday of each month at the beautiful Matthei Botanical Gardens, located
at 1800 N. Dixboro Road between Geddes and Plymouth Roads, east of US-23),
beginning at 7:30 pm.  These programs are free and open to the public.
Newcomers are welcome; no membership is required.

I hope you can join us for Tuesday's program.  Please feel free to
forward this message to others who might be interested.

Mike Sklar
Co-Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group

www.michigan.sierraclub.org/huron/