SG-W:/ Another Farm Work Day

In order to spruce up the farm before our Summer Picnic (to be held on Sat.,
Aug 21, 1 p.m.), we will have another work day at the farm this coming
Saturday, August 14.  We will start at 10 a.m. and work into the afternoon.  Stop by
and help out for a couple of hours...or just stop by to look at the farm.

We plan to clean, sand, scrape and paint the outside trim.  In case of rain,
we will work inside.  (Please bring an electric sander and scrapers if you
have them.)  Bring some refreshments along, too...and we will plan to order pizza.

We also have a few rooms left in the farm house which can still be adopted.
You can "ADOPT A ROOM" and be in charge of cleaning, sanding and painting one
particular room in the farm house.  This would be a good project for a family,
friends, or a small group.  You can also help design the decor and
furnishings for the room, if you wish.

The address for the farm is 8383 Vreeland Road, Ypsilanti MI 48198.  Use
mapquest.com for a map and directions.  The farm is located just 1/2 mile east of
Prospect Road.

We could also use a few more donated items from the "Wish List" in our recent
newsletter:
    Garden tools (loppers, trimmers, weedeater, shovels, rakes)
    Old farm tools (working or just for display)
    Work gloves
    Paint brushes & rollers
    Buckets
    Sponges
    Scrapers
    Sander
In addition, we could use field stone and larger rocks for our gardens and
landscaping.  Please let me know if you have any items to donate, or just bring
them to the farm on Saturday.

Hope to see you Saturday!  (And please contact me if you would like to "Adopt
A Room".)

Jack Smiley
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy
www.landconservancy.com