SG-W:/ Sunday LeFurge Woods Tour

Sorry for the late notice on this, but tomorrow looks like it will be another
great day...so you might want to get out and enjoy this wonderful weather!

Washtenaw County Parks & Recreation is holding a tour at LeFurge Woods
tomorrow, Sunday, starting promptly at 2:00 p.m.  Washtenaw County Parks naturalist
Faye Stoner will lead an exploration of LeFurge looking for the many signs of
spring:  frogs calling, early wildflowers, and returning birds.

Location:  Meet on Vreeland Road, just east of Prospect Road, and park along
the road.  (For mapquest.com, use 8200 Vreeland Road, Ypsilanti 48198.)  The
tour will begin on a new trail leading from Vreeland Road south towards the
wetland area.  For those who visit LeFurge Woods, this trail allows you to park
on Vreeland and avoid the Prospect Road traffic.

Make sure to wear boots or shoes that can get wet--some of the trails are
still pretty muddy and others may have standing water.  If you want to stop by
and check out the SMLC farm (8383 Vreeland--1/2 mile east of Prospect), someone
will be there from Noon to 2 p.m.

Jack Smiley
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy
www.landconservancy.com

P.S.  If you are not a member and would like a copy of our recent SMLC
newsletter, drop me a note and I'll be happy to mail you a copy.  Highlights include
completion of our 2-mile Greenway corridor, restoration progress at our farm,
land protection in Southfield, and much more.