SG-W:/ Tuesday, 5/17: "Greenway or Concrete Jungle? Re-imagining Downtown Ann Arbor"

Friends,

Two starkly different visions for the future of downtown Ann Arbor have been offered.  The Sierra Club's Huron Valley Group is pleased to offer the public an opportunity to understand those competing visions.  On Tuesday, May 17, Margaret Wong from the Friends of the Ann Arbor Greenway will present "Greenway or Concrete Jungle?  Re-imagining Downtown Ann Arbor."  This free event begins at 7:30 pm at the Matthaei Botanical Gardens (directions below).    Newcomers are welcome; no membership is required.

You're also invited to our social hour, during which you can meet others who share your interest in nature and learn about local Sierra Club activities ranging from hikes and ski outings to a variety of conservation campaigns.  We'll have EarthCash shopping vouchers available for purchase by cash or check.  EarthCash vouchers let you help stop sprawl when you buy groceries, books, CDs, and other items at the stores where you already shop -- at no additional cost to you.  It enabled us to contribute $43,000 to pass Michigan's boldest anti-sprawl initiative.  With your help, we can do even more.

I hope to see you at Tuesday's event.  Please feel free to forward this message to others who might be interested.

Mike Sklar
Co-Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group

The Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group's monthly public programs are normally held on the third Tuesday of each month at the beautiful Matthaei Botanical Gardens, located at 1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth Roads, east of US-23), beginning at 7:30 pm.  Meetings are free and open to the public. Newcomers are welcome; no membership is required.

June's Public Program:  "Go Take a Hike: Solo Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail from Mexico to Canada" presented by John Hildebrand.