SG-W:/ Tuesday, 6/21: "Go Take A Hike: Solo Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail from Mexico to Canada"

Friends,

Imagine hiking the length of a mountain range from Mexico to Canada.  Now imagine doing it alone.

John Hildebrand will share his experiences doing just that in words and pictures on Tuesday, June 21.  "Go Take a Hike:  Solo Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail from Mexico to Canada" begins at 7:30 pm at the Matthaei Botanical Gardens (directions below).  Newcomers are welcome to this free event; no membership is required.

You're also invited to our social hour, during which you can meet others who share your interest in nature and learn about local Sierra Club activities ranging from hikes and ski outings to a variety of conservation campaigns.  We'll have EarthCash shopping vouchers available for purchase by cash or check.  EarthCash vouchers let you help stop sprawl when you buy groceries, books, CDs, and other items at the stores where you already shop -- at no additional cost to you.  It enabled us to contribute $43,000 to pass Michigan's boldest anti-sprawl initiative.  With your help, we can do even more.

I hope to see you at Tuesday's event.  Please feel free to forward this message to others who might be interested.

Mike Sklar
Co-Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group

The Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group's monthly public programs are normally held on the third Tuesday of each month at the beautiful Matthaei Botanical Gardens, located at 1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth Roads, east of US-23), beginning at 7:30 pm.  Meetings are free and open to the public. Newcomers are welcome; no membership is required.

July's Public Program:  "Three Tours of the Matthei Botanical Gardens"