SG-W:/ Shooting Nature -- Tuesday, May 16

How many times have you seen a stunningly beautiful nature photo and said "I wish I could shoot a picture like that?"

On Tuesday, May 16, you can learn the tricks of the trade from a bona fide expert.  Professional nature photographer and instructor
Julia Gordon will present "Shooting Nature: Creative Techniques to Improve Your Photography."   This program is designed to help photographers of all skill levels and imaging formats (film or digital) learn new ways to achieve spectacular results.  Julia will illustrate her comments with stunning photos that show her ideas in practice.

Newcomers are welcome to this free, family-friendly event, which begins at 7:30 pm at the lovely Matthaei Botanical Gardens in Ann Arbor (directions below).

After the presentation, you can mingle over refreshments with friendly people who share your interest in nature.  You can learn about local Sierra Club activities like hiking, skiing, and conservation projects.  We'll also have
EarthCash shopping vouchers for purchase by cash or check.  You can help stop sprawl while shopping at your favorite stores -- at no additional cost to you.  Thanks to hundreds of participants, we contributed $43,000 to pass Michigan's boldest anti-sprawl initiative.  With your help, we'll do even more.

All are welcome; no membership is required.  Please feel free to forward this message to others who might be interested.

Doug Cowherd
Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group

The Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group's public programs are normally held on the third Tuesday of each month at the Matthaei Botanical Gardens, located at 1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth roads, just east of Ann Arbor), beginning at 7:30 pm.  Meetings are free and open to the public.

June 20 Public Program:  "When Republicans Were Green:  Michigan's Golden Age Under Governor Milliken" --
Dave Dempsey

Events information: http://www.michigan.sierraclub.org/huron/