SG-W:/ "Organic Farming for our Future: Protecting Landscapes, Biodiversity, and Rural Livelihoods" -- Sierra Club program this Tuesday, April 15

The next Sierra Club monthly program -- free and open to the public -- is coming up on Tuesday, April 15 at 7:30 pm in Ann Arbor.

The Sierra Club's Huron Valley Group invites you to hear from Catherine Badgley of the University of Michigan's Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology about "Organic Farming for our Future:  Protecting Landscapes, Biodiversity, and Rural Livelihoods."   Catherine will discuss the ways in which the benefits of organic farming go far beyond just improving the health of those who eat organic food.

Click the link to hear Catherine on the radio:
http://www.earthsky.org/radioshows/51724/study-indicates-high-yields-for-organic-farming

Newcomers are welcome to this free, family-friendly event, which begins at 7:30 pm at the lovely Matthaei Botanical Gardens (map).

After the presentation, we invite you to stay for refreshments and mingle with friendly people who share your interest in nature.  You can learn about local Sierra Club activities like hiking, skiing, and our conservation projects.

We'll be selling nature-friendly organic coffee and tea, and EarthCash shopping vouchers.   With EarthCash you can help stop sprawl when you shop at many of your favorite stores -- at no additional cost to you.
Everything is available for purchase by cash or check.

Please feel free to forward this message to others who might be interested.

Doug Cowherd
Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group

~~~
The Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group's public programs are normally held on the third Tuesday of each month at the Matthaei Botanical Gardens, located at 1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth roads, just east of Ann Arbor and US-23), beginning at 7:30 pm.  Meetings are free and open to the public.  Next month's meeting:

May 20:           Exploring the Natural Rivers Section of the Huron River by Canoe
                                 Ron Sell, owner of Unadilla Boatworks

For more information about all local Sierra Club activities:   http://www.michigan.sierraclub.org/huron/

between 0000-00-00 and 9999-99-99